Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's spring in Tucson! Spring is one of the best seasons here in the Sonoran Desert. With all of the rain we have had in the last couple of months, it has been gorgeous with green everywhere and lots of desert wildflowers. Some of the cactus are also starting to bloom as well. So I will post some flower pictures in the next few days.

I've been away from the blog for a bit but now I'm back. I have been in the studio lately (four new paintings and one more in the works) and I've also been doing some different things lately: friends from Oregon staying with me, two paella parties ( see photo below), been playing several taiko gigs (Just got back from one today at PCC West campus) and we have several more taiko shows between now and early July; and on Sunday I took a kimono kitsuke workshop at Ro-Ho-En with two more scheduled for the next two Sundays! So I have to practice tying obi.

In the meantime, here are pictures of the two paellas Rosa and I made; one is all shellfish and the other is chicken and sausage.

Below are three of the new paintings....more photos of art soon!
Cheers,
reb

No comments:

Post a Comment