Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hot summer, cool art

Yesterday I picked up some artwork at Platform Gallery since they close for the summer; and took it over to Oro Valley's Toscana Studio and Gallery along with some new work. Linda (Owner) loved the new tiny "purse-sized art" that I had brought along with several pieces from my Flux and Disorder series. She was thrilled to see my new work.

After hanging the art at Toscana, a friend and I had a meeting at the new Picazzo's Organic Italian Kitchen in Oro Valley.  Fabulous food and some great happy hour deals. Their goegeous appetizer hummus plate (half price!) was large enough for two to share and I didn't need dinner later!


Well, here's to the dry summer season in Tucson...it's a great time to percolate. The wet (monsoon) season is just around the corner! In the meantime, it's time to catch another juvenile rock squirrel (4 so far today and 1 yesterday!) in my trap (Don't worry, they are not harmed!) and release it at the other end of the neighborhood. They love apples.
More art news soon,
~reb

No comments:

Post a Comment