Sunday, October 17, 2010

Blue Ribbon

I was at the Southern Arizona Arts Guild (SAAG) art show reception last night at Toscana Studio & Gallery in Oro Valley.
One of the paintings I submitted one a first prize! Wow, was I surprised!


I was very surprised because first of all, being new to SAAG, I didn't know they gave out prizes, and secondly, I was again surprised that I won because the guild tends toward representative work and mine is abstract.
Here is my winning painting, "Point in Time".




 

I also met a very cool dude at the reception, Joel Bresler. He gave me a book he wrote: Letters to be Read in a Heavily British Accent. 
It looks like a fun, quick read. The reviews are great, so I look forward to checking it out in my spare time.


I also have two photographs in a another show in Oro Valley and will be featured in an upcoming exhibit in downtown Tucson in the Pioneer building.  News about that show soon....rumor has it that it will go up this week but the reception won't be until December because of the open studio tour.
More art news soon!
~reb

No comments:

Post a Comment