Tuesday, November 20, 2012

After OST: raffle winners, new "gallery", and more misc. news

Here are the winners of the art raffle! Two lucky ladies were the winners on Sunday, November 11th: Pamela D. won the painting "Firefly" and Maria B. won "Tarot 13". Both were thrilled to win the artwork. Pamela is a new fan of my work and Maria is a collector and owns other works on paper.







More news post Open Studio Tour: if it looks like a gallery, maybe it is! I moved around some tables in my studio and created a wall of framed works that really attracted a lot of attention. If you are able to create a wall or small space in your studio to hang finished works for sale, it can be a great way to generate interest in your work and income. Now when I have friends and prospective collectors over, I can show them the new "gallery". Now I just have to keep it up to date with the latest pieces and keep it looking good. I will also be adding some shelving and maybe another table soon so the space is even more efficient.



Equipment news: I have ordered an exposure unit from Hampton Editions, LTD. so I can easily create solarplates in my studio rather than relying on the sun. The sun does work great, however, it's also slower  and less predicable since I have a small window of opportunity each day depending on the angle of the sun. In the fall and winter, it's an even smaller window as exposure times get longer and longer. So this should speed things up and make it easier to create good solarplates.
For next time: a trip to art galleries in Scottsdale, AZ, the third largest art market in the US!
Stay tuned,
~Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment