Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas is over, New Year's is coming

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm back in my studio after a few days off for Christmas. I did go see the stunning Ansel Adams show at the Tucson Museum of Art Saturday with friends. If you will be in Tucson for the Gem Show, go see it! It's amazing. I had only seen his photos in books, but seeing the his composition and detail in person was a treat. He was a true master photographer.

More art news: 
The ASU Tempe "¡Que Vivan los Muertos!" 10th Annual Día de los Muertos Festival Exhibit ends on Jaurary 8ths, so go see that if you can. It's at the Anthropology museum. Here are some photos from the reception posted by the museum. My three skeleton images are in the photo second down on the right side. 
The Arizona Edges show opens at the Tubac Center of the Arts in Tubac, AZ. The reception for that show is Friday, January 8th, from 5-7:00pm. (For some reason they have no announcement of the reception on their website....when I see it, I'll add the link). I will have two paintings in that show. Speaking of Tubac shows, the Member's Juried Show ends January 3rd, so get down to Tubac ASAP! I have one painting in that show too. Make sure you vote for my painting (Just kidding)  for the People's Choice award!


Below are my two paintings that will be in the AZ Edges Show.
See you at a gallery opening!
Cheers,
~reb







No comments:

Post a Comment